Fast forward to about a week ago when I noticed that our new guinea pig (Grace) was getting really fat! Unusually fat! My friend Manda laughed and said "ha ha, your having baby guinea pigs". "No We Are Not!...that it impossible!" As I was holding her I felt a distinct "kick" in her belly that could only be one thing! Or two things!
Apparently (according to the Internet which is never wrong) female guinea pigs can conceive after 4 weeks!
The two were born today...we can't tell who is a girl or a boy yet. We will keep you updated.
So, we could look at this two ways...."oh my gosh, I can't believe that Petco would be allowed to sell a guinea pig that was pregnant"...or "oh wow! I got 3 guinea pigs for the price of one!"
Either way, before I hit the net to search on if this was even possible for her to be pregnant, Rudy was in big trouble. He was the only other plausible explanation! :)
Here are some pictures. If you didn't know, guinea pig babies come out looking like full grown guinea pigs (eyes open, full of hair and eating hay). So they are very cute and sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment