Monday, November 20, 2006

New Job!

Ok everyone, hold on to your seats. I took a new position here in town in records management. Manager of Corporate Records to be exact.

Tom kept seeing the position posted and giving it to me as a hint. I finally caved and thought...what do I have to loose but a bit of pride (not much there anyway) and got the job. I think it will be great and a lot less stress.

So I start on December 4th, everyone say your prayers on that day for me. You know that I do stupid Lucille Ball stuff when I'm out of my element. Hey, maybe I will have a wall in this job so I can actually hang my diploma!

I'll keep you updated.

Here's a Thanksgiving update: Austin is coming for the evening to eat with us. (His wife is out of the country). So, I asked him what would he like me to cook for Thanksgiving besides the turkey and dressing that Tom is picking up from Bill Miller's BBQ. Now, I don't know if Austin said this because I don't cook (or can't cook) or if he just really likes this particular food but he specifically requested Key Lime Pie! Yes folks....we are having turkey, dressing and my 3 ingredient key lime pie!

Happy Turkey Day!

2 comments:

TexasGal said...

Hope it was a good one! I think we are fixin' Gumbo for Christmas. You have no problem finding Okra and Shrimp (they call them prawns here) the size of a small dog!

TexasGal said...

Oh!!! An Congrats on the new job. What are you going to be doing?